Click on the links in the sidebar for the Coventry Police Department’s Request Form, the Public Records Request Instructions, and the Access to Public Records Handout for records under the Access to Public Records Act. Complete the form and either mail it or drop it off to the Coventry Police Record’s Department at 60 Wood St. Coventry, RI 02816. The Coventry Police Department adheres to the Access to Public Records Act, RI General Laws 38-2-1, and has instituted the following procedures for the public to obtain public records:
- You can reach the Records Division by phone at 401-822-9191. The mailing address is 60 Wood St. Coventry RI 02816. Requests can be hand delivered at the same address.
- The regular business hours are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8am to 4pm. If you come in after regular business hours, you can leave the request with the Officer in Charge and it will be given to the Records Division the next business day.
- You are not required to provide identification or the reason you are requesting the information, and your right to access public records will not depend upon providing identification or reasons.
- Please be advised that the Access to Public Records Act allows a public body ten (10) business days to respond, which can be extended an additional twenty (20) business days for “good cause”.
- If you feel that you have been denied access to public records, you have the right to file a review petition with the RI Attorney General’s office. You may also file a lawsuit with the RI Superior Court.
- The Coventry Police Department is committed to providing you with public records in an expeditious and courteous manner.